Friday, February 6, 2009

New Book Planned

As some of you may know, I've been asked to complete some illustrations for an upcoming book depicting Schuylkill County's (Pennsylvania) role in the Civil War. The author is John Hoptak, a park ranger at Antietam National Battlefield and a resident of Gettysburg. The work will interpret the lives of a number of famed fighters from that region, including Gen. James Nagle (pictured right) and Col. George Wynkoop, commander of the 7th PA Cavalry (in which I had an ancestor serve). Isn't that a big coincidence? It will be a relatively small book, but composed of some pretty good illustrations and human interest stories. It should be a great project and I look forward to working with John on it.

2 comments:

  1. Jared
    Good luck on your book. I know John well from Antietam. I am volunteer and tour guide there. I have added a link to your blog to my own blog site, South From the North Woods. Look forward to crossing paths someday, either at Gettysburg or Antietam
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Jim. I have added your blog on my links as well. See you on the field!

    ReplyDelete