Friday, March 5, 2010

The Great History Palooza of 2010

Beginning on Saturday several fellow history students and I of Penn State Altoona will be embarking on a six day trip throughout historical sites in West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Our group will be visiting a number of landmarks associated with numerous historical events. These places will include:
  • The Mary Todd Lincoln House - Lexington, KY
  • The Patton Museum in Fort Knox, KY
  • Mammoth Cave National Park
  • The Hermitage - Home of Andrew Jackson in Nashville, TN
  • Fort Negley Civil War site in Nashville
  • Tours of Franklin, TN including Carton Plantation, The Carter House, and the Lotz House Museum
  • Stones River National Battlefield
  • and more!
As always, I will have my camera with me, taking pictures and video along the way! Stay tuned for within the coming week I will begin to post photos of our adventures. A great way to spend spring break indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment